Whitleigh Arts Presents the 2015 Whitleigh Words Festival
Whitleigh Arts Founded by Sandy Wager
A contest for Plymouth and Southwest writers and poets, novices or experienced, any age or ability.
Whitleigh Words Festival Contest Rules
1) All entries are open to any Plymouth and Southwest residents.
2) All entries are FREE to enter but only one entry per person per style. (Poem, Story & Song) = total of 3 entries per person using any of the 5 subjects listed below.
3) All entries must be typed or clearly hand written on one side of an A4 sheet of paper, lined or unlined. Entries that cannot be clearly read will not be accepted.
4) The subject title must be written on the top of the main side of the entry.
5) On the reverse side of the entry must be written your name, address, email and phone number.
6) On the reverse side of the entry, you must state which age group you belong. The age groups are…
a) Up to 10 years of age
b) Up to 16 years of age
7) No entries will be returned so please be certain to photocopy your entry, keep the photocopy and send in the original entry.
8) All work must be your own and not copied from another author, dead or alive.
Any of the following subjects may be used for your entry/entries…
a) Whitleigh, 65 Year’s In The Making
b) Plymouth Tales
c) My School
d) My Family
e) My Best Friend
The styles of writing accepted are…
b) A Story
c) Song Writing/Composition
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
After judging, all valid entries will be placed in a clear waterproof bag by the organisers and then each entry will be tied to each of the 69 trees on Whitleigh Green with ribbons on Saturday 3rd October 2015..
Judging to be held in September 2015. Judges names to be announced.
The winning entries tied to the trees will be marked with a rosette.
All Plymouth and Southwest residents will be welcome to read and photograph this Word Exhibition.
Local schools and colleges welcome.
The winners entry of each age category will be framed and displayed in Porkies Cafe, Whitleigh Green for one month during the month of November 2015.
Prizes will be awarded to the winners during the finale day of The Whitleigh Words Festival at The Albemarle Inn, Budshead Road, Whitleigh between 5pm – 5.30pm.
Children must be accompanied by a parent at The Albemarle Inn.
All winners and their prize entries will be photographed for publicity purposes.
Winners photographs will be published in the Plymouth Evening Herald, The Plymouth Community Homes website and on The Whitleigh Big Local Arts website.
Permissions for young winners to be photographed will be needed by a parent or guardian in writing.
There will be three writers prizes (1st, 2nd, 3rd) for each age group.
PRIZES (Subject to change)
3 x 1st prize winners will receive £30 each
3 x 2nd prize winners will receive £20 each
3 x 3rd prize winners will receive £10 each
The opening date for all entries is March 21st 2015.
The closing date for all entries is September 1st 2015.
All winners will be notified by phone, post or email from the 20th September 2015.
(Please be aware that this contest is a work in progress and the rules may slightly change/improve before 29thS 2015. If spare funding is available the prize money will be higher. Keep checking back here for updates. All suggestions are very welcome)
Entries must be sent to ….
Whitleigh Words Contest
C/O Sandy Wager
94, Lancaster Gardens,
Whitleigh, Plymouth, PL5 4AE
Or emailed to email@example.com
What else is happening at The Whitleigh Words Festival? Find out HERE!
Whitleigh Words Festival Treasure Hunt HERE!
Whitleigh Words Festival FREE Workshops HERE!
Whitleigh Words Poetry Walk HERE!
Who’s Who – Whitleigh Words Workshops HERE!
For enquiries or to book a place at one of the FREE events please contact PCC 01752 306521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up on Saturday 21st March at St Chads Church Hall, Whitleigh Green.
Writers Resources are HERE
GETTING TO WHITLEIGH
Bus 44 leaves Royal Parade opposite the Guildhall. The bus stops at Whitleigh Green. See Plymouth Citybus Timetables HERE!
See the Whitleigh map HERE!
Kindly funded by Vital Sparks